Bespoke Software Development - SharePoint
StyleTech have been developing with SharePoint since its introduction in 2001. SharePoint is a web application from Microsoft that combines the following functions into a single package:
- Content management
- Document management
- Personal cloud
- Enterprise social networking
- Enterprise search
- Business intelligence
- Workflow management
- Web content management
Out of the box, SharePoint provides a very good level of functionality, but often, bespoke developments are required to ensure SharePoint is used to its full potential. StyleTech can extend SharePoint by using bespoke software to:
- Allow application to application SharePoint integration.
- Build extensions to existing SharePoint functionality (e.g. custom workflow).
- Build “web parts” (also known as portlets, widgets or gadgets) that provide new functionality to an existing page.
- Build bespoke SharePoint site templates.
StyleTech can extend SharePoint by using the following SharePoint development models:
- The SharePoint “App Model” provides an external application with the capability to show authenticated SharePoint content or a SharePoint application can show content from non-SharePoint applications.
- A SharePoint “Sand-Boxed” plug-in can be developed and then uploaded by anyone who has been granted permission.