Bespoke software for all platforms
Bespoke Software Development - ActiveX
The StyleTech development team have been creating bespoke software developments using ActiveX since 1998.
Microsoft ActiveX is a software framework that adapts the Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) and Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) technologies for a network or web-based implementation. Microsoft ActiveX was first introduced in 1996 and it was intended to run on non-Microsoft operating systems, but in practice most ActiveX controls only run on Windows and x86 based processors.
Today, many applications that were written with ActiveX still exist and operate. StyleTech can assist with the continued maintenance and development of these systems by:
- Understanding the system codebase
- Implementing any necessary bug fixes
- Introducing modern security practices
- Improving the responsiveness of the system
- Upgrading the database engine
- Implementing screen design improvements
- Providing on-going system support
- Providing on-going system development
- Producing and implementing a disaster / recovery plan
Compared with JavaBeans, Microsoft ActiveX controls support more programming languages, but JavaBeans supports more platforms. ActiveX controls do have support in many rapid application development technologies (such as Active Template Library, Delphi, Visual Basic, Windows Forms) which enables developers to quickly embed the functionality of the ActiveX control into their application.
How we do it
we listen to your
we talk english,
no confusing jargon
in business for over 18 years
StyleTech has been delivering an award-winning service since 1999.
Yorkshire based team
We are based in Yorkshire and proud to complete all projects in-house (we never outsource).
Over 500 bespoke projects completed
We have obtained a vast range of industry and business knowledge within the team.
We talk English
We talk in your language, no technical jargon (unless you want it).
StyleTech want to ensure that you have no surprises at the end of your project. Your software should operate exactly how you envisage it...
Scrum Project Management
StyleTech recognise that business processes change and we work with you to ensure your bespoke software system changes with your business...
- Thank you Xamarin and Microsoft for the invite, we are really excited about this opportunity
- Congratulations to the StyleTech development team for gaining Telerik Kendo UI certification, very impressive!