COM and DCOM
Bespoke software for all platforms
Bespoke Software Development - COM and DCOM
The StyleTech bespoke development team have been creating bespoke systems using COM since 1995 and DCOM since 2000.
The Component Object Model (COM) is an umbrella term that encompasses OLE, OLE Automation, ActiveX, COM+ and DCOM technologies. The Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) is a technology for communication between software components on networked computers. DCOM was originally called Network OLE and it has now been deprecated in favour of Microsoft .Net Remoting.
Microsoft introduced a technology called Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) to provide developers with support for distributed transactions, resource pooling, disconnected applications, event publication and subscription, better memory and processor (thread) management. Microsoft Transaction Server was later incorporated into the operating system and renamed COM+.
Today, many bespoke applications that were written using COM and DCOM still exist and operate. StyleTech can assist with the continued maintenance and development of these systems by:
- Understanding the system codebase
- Implementing any necessary bug fixes
- Introducing modern security practices
- Improving the responsiveness of the system
- Upgrading the database engine
- Implementing screen design improvements
- Providing on-going system support
- Providing on-going system development
- Producing and implementing a disaster / recovery plan
How we do it
we listen to your
we talk english,
no confusing jargon
in business for over 18 years
StyleTech has been delivering an award-winning service since 1999.
Yorkshire based team
We are based in Yorkshire and proud to complete all projects in-house (we never outsource).
Over 500 bespoke projects completed
We have obtained a vast range of industry and business knowledge within the team.
We talk English
We talk in your language, no technical jargon (unless you want it).
StyleTech want to ensure that you have no surprises at the end of your project. Your software should operate exactly how you envisage it...
Scrum Project Management
StyleTech recognise that business processes change and we work with you to ensure your bespoke software system changes with your business...
- Thank you Xamarin and Microsoft for the invite, we are really excited about this opportunity
- Congratulations to the StyleTech development team for gaining Telerik Kendo UI certification, very impressive!