Bespoke software for all platforms
Bespoke Software Development - Visual Basic
The StyleTech bespoke development team have been creating bespoke software systems using the classic Visual Basic since VB3 in 1995. Today, many applications that were written in classic VB still exist and operate. StyleTech can assist with the continued maintenance and development of these systems by supporting and developing bespoke software systems developed in VB3, VB4, VB5 and VB6 by:
- Understanding the Visual Basic system codebase
- Implementing any necessary bug fixes
- Introducing modern security practices
- Improving the responsiveness of the system
- Upgrading the database engine
- Implementing screen design improvements
- Providing on-going system support
- Providing on-going system development
- Producing an implement a disaster / recovery plan
Classic Visual Basic is written to the COM based programming model before Microsoft moved to the .Net framework. The final release of Classic Visual Basic was in 1998 with the release of Visual Basic 6. The following list contains a range of bespoke software systems that StyleTech have developed using classic Visual Basic:
- Production forecast generation
- Manufacturing planning
- Bill of material management
- Room booking
- Calendar appointments
- Workflow management
- Marketing campaign management
- Document management
- Stock control
- Purchase order management
- Sales order management
- Dashboard reporting
- Business intelligence reporting
- Delivery analysis
- Help desk management
- Product specification control
- Product image catalogue
- Research and development management
- Data transformation
- Electronic data interchange
- Contact management
- Mailshot generation
- Job planning system
- Voucher generation
- Fax integration
Visual Basic was a great language for quickly creating working prototypes and then building robust bespoke software systems. Visual Basic was one of the first Microsoft languages to introduce data binding, a concept that is still being used in today’s languages.
Most bespoke developers also got their first exposure to Object Oriented development when Visual Basic introduced several Object Oriented concepts in later versions.
Due to the continued volume and popularity of bespoke Visual Basic applications, Microsoft is extending the support of Visual Basic to the new generation of operating systems.
How we do it
we listen to your
we talk english,
no confusing jargon
in business for over 18 years
StyleTech has been delivering an award-winning service since 1999.
Yorkshire based team
We are based in Yorkshire and proud to complete all projects in-house (we never outsource).
Over 500 bespoke projects completed
We have obtained a vast range of industry and business knowledge within the team.
We talk English
We talk in your language, no technical jargon (unless you want it).
StyleTech want to ensure that you have no surprises at the end of your project. Your software should operate exactly how you envisage it...
Scrum Project Management
StyleTech recognise that business processes change and we work with you to ensure your bespoke software system changes with your business...
- Thank you Xamarin and Microsoft for the invite, we are really excited about this opportunity
- Congratulations to the StyleTech development team for gaining Telerik Kendo UI certification, very impressive!