Bespoke Software Development - Visual Basic for Applications
The StyleTech development team have been creating bespoke software developments using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) since 1998.
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications is closely related to Visual Basic and both languages use the same Visual Basic Runtime library. The main difference between VBA and VB is that VBA code can only run from within a host application (e.g. Excel), rather than as a standalone program. VBA can be used to control one application from another by using OLE Automation. For example, VBA can automatically create a Word document using data from within an Excel worksheet. VBA can use ActiveX controls but you cannot develop an ActiveX control using VBA (only VB).
Today, many applications and integrations that were written with VBA still exist and operate. StyleTech can assist with the continued maintenance and development of these systems by:
- Understanding the VBA codebase
- Implementing any necessary bug fixes
- Introducing modern security practices
- Improving the responsiveness of the system
- Upgrading the database engine
- Implementing screen design improvements
- Providing on-going system support
- Providing on-going system development
- Producing and implementing a disaster/recovery plan