Bespoke Software Development - VBScript
Microsoft VBScript ("Visual Basic Scripting Edition") is a lightweight language based on Visual Basic. It has a fast interpreter and it is uses the Component Object Model to access a variety of Microsoft packages.
The StyleTech bespoke development team have been creating bespoke websites and web application using VBScript since 1996.
Today, many bespoke applications that were written using VBScript still exist and operate. StyleTech can assist with the continued maintenance and development of these VBScript systems by:
- Understanding the VBScript system codebase
- Implementing any necessary bug fixes
- Introducing modern security practices
- Improving the responsiveness of the system
- Upgrading the database engine
- Implementing screen design improvements
- Providing on-going system support
- Providing on-going system development
- Producing and implementing a disaster / recovery plan
VBScript was commonly used on websites but it can be executed in a range of environments, such as (WSH) Windows Script Host, (IE) Internet Explorer and (IIS) Internet Information Services.